Topic: Sad and beautiful, quite simply (Steinway B Late Evening)

Sad and beautiful, quite simply (Steinway B Late Evening)

Recently I couldn't help thinking of loved ones who had passed away. Music can be a great comfort in times of loss. So here is my piece now with Ptq 8 Pro  ”Steinway B Late Evening”. Five years ago I called it ”Un peu de tristesse”.

I think sometimes music in minor keys can be more beautiful and more emotionally appealing than music in major keys. Music evoke different emotions for almost all of us.  
     If you just want to comment the music  - feel free to provide some comments that might be of interest to the listeners.

https://youtu.be/a2D85LIXWig

All the best, everyone

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (29-10-2023 11:10)

Re: Sad and beautiful, quite simply (Steinway B Late Evening)

another beautiful improvisation!  i don't think i've ever tried the Late Evening preset, it's very soothing.

budo wrote:

another beautiful improvisation!  i don't think i've ever tried the Late Evening preset, it's very soothing.

Thank you budo  for liking my playing. I appreciate it. Depending on the music style preset Late Evening is very useful.

Best wishes,

Stig

Hi Stig, very pretty tone and great mood you set. Every time I listen to your Steinway B I have to give it another try, but I don't quite manage to get the presence you are getting for whatever reason. Thanks for sharing!

kencarlino wrote:

Hi Stig, very pretty tone and great mood you set. Every time I listen to your Steinway B I have to give it another try, but I don't quite manage to get the presence you are getting for whatever reason. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you ken for kind comment. To get the presence - In this piece I use reverb Room 2. You might try it...

Best wishes,

Stig

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:
kencarlino wrote:

Thank you ken for kind comment. To get the presence - In this piece I use reverb Room 2. You might try it...

Best wishes,

Stig

Thanks Stig, I will give that a try!

kencarlino wrote:
kencarlino wrote:

Best wishes,

Stig

Thanks Stig, I will give that a try!

Thanks for the hint, I do like it more with the Piano Room 2 reverb. It is definitely a sweeter tone than that Bechstein which I almost always use. Almost good enough to my ears to sway me to using this on my current work in progress, but something about the clarity of the Bechstein in Painoteq that remains my fav.  I will definitely explore the model B more.

Recently I couldn't help thinking of loved ones who had passed away. Music can be a great comfort in times of loss. So here is my piece now with Ptq 8 Pro  ”Steinway B Late Evening”. Five years ago I called it ”Un peu de tristesse”.

I think sometimes music in minor keys can be more beautiful and more emotionally appealing than music in major keys. Music evoke different emotions for almost all of us.  
     If you just want to comment the music  - feel free to provide some comments that might be of interest to the listeners.

All the best, everyone

Stig

Stig, this is lovely and expressive. Your music and playing have such a depth of feeling.
Always a pleasure to hear.
I hope you'll be posting more original music!

All the best,
Robert

algorhythms wrote:

All the best, everyone

Stig

Stig, this is lovely and expressive. Your music and playing have such a depth of feeling.
Always a pleasure to hear.
I hope you'll be posting more original music!

All the best,
Robert

So kind words. You have my deepest thanks Robert.

Best wishes,

Stig

Beautiful. I very much like that Late Evening sound and I've tried it with Piano Room 2, as you suggested - great! So I'm going to use it for my (rushed) competition entry - which is going to be in a rather different style to this piece.

dazric wrote:

Beautiful. I very much like that Late Evening sound and I've tried it with Piano Room 2, as you suggested - great! So I'm going to use it for my (rushed) competition entry - which is going to be in a rather different style to this piece.

Thank you dazric. Sorry for late reply. And nice that you found a sound for your contest entry. Listened again, well done. Very kind of you to refer me visavi the sound, thank you. Good luck in contest!

Best wishes,

Stig