Topic: Toggling monophonic couplers

Hi all,
please check whether the monophonic couplers, once assigned to a key, work both on and off in Organteq 2.0.2. I cannot make any of them toggle between the on and off states. Once the key sending the MIDI event is pressed the coupler toggles on, but needs to be deactivated with a mouse, not the same key. Checked on a physical MIDI keyboard and on a virtual keyboard in Reaper.
In version 2.0.0, the couplers toggle all right.
Thanks for your care in advance.

Last edited by Klest (19-10-2023 13:59)

Re: Toggling monophonic couplers

Klest wrote:

Hi all,
please check whether the monophonic couplers, once assigned to a key, work both on and off in Organteq 2.0.2. I cannot make any of them toggle between the on and off states. Once the key sending the MIDI event is pressed the coupler toggles on, but needs to be deactivated with a mouse, not the same key. Checked on a physical MIDI keyboard and on a virtual keyboard in Reaper.
In version 2.0.0, the couplers toggle all right.
Thanks for your care in advance.

What does your MIDI-mapping entry or entries look like for the monophonic couplers? Here's what mine looks like, and it works fine: I've chosen "toggle" rather than "set" for the action; when I press note 24 on the external MIDI keyboard, the Bass II monophonic coupler becomes engaged; when I press the same note again, the coupler is disengaged. (The mapping is triggered by the Note On message; the "Match all values" is probably unnecessary.)

https://i.imgur.com/oBfccO9.jpg

Last edited by Stephen_Doonan (20-10-2023 13:05)
--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Hi, your idea to change the action to 'toggle' rather than 'set' did work, all fine now, thanks a lot Steven!

Last edited by Klest (19-10-2023 15:55)

Hi Klest,

Thank you for notifying us.

It appears that during the 'MIDI Learn' action (cmd+click ; or rigth-click->MIDI->Assign an event) the monophonic couplers are not set to a "Toggle" action (that is the case for the couplers, tremulants, stop drawknobs, combinators, etc), but only to a "Set" action.

That will be fixed in the next minor update, probably next week.

In the meantime, as Stephen_Doonan pointed out, you can change the "Set" action to "Toggle" action in the "MIDI Action" setting window to achieve the right behaviour for mono couplers.