Topic: Mozart klavier sonata KV 310

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7uOk33NsMU

Re: Mozart klavier sonata KV 310

Hello paulvanbladel,

You've probably heard that I'm not a pianist but I listen every day to a lot of different music and different performances of the same piece of music and playing piano and organteq. So I have a frame of reference and my own taste in music.

I have to admit i listened to 7 other performances of this piece of music
and then your performance. Everyone is different.

In my opinion, many performances has too much changes, playing too forte or in an angry or "brutal" way…
It is probably difficult to find balance -  but you have it!

Mozart once said that music should flow like oil. And I can see it / hear from the beginning to end, how you approach the key, how you exit just as softly. Your hands playing softly and gently, your music flow as oil (Mozart).

Well, this is how I think about it.

Thank you paulvanbladel. One of the best interpretations of this piece I have listened to. You play with souch elegant touch.

Best wishes,

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (14-10-2023 13:46)

Very enjoyable.  I can only look on with envy at your touch with both hands.  It felt like you really had a feel for the piece.

StephenG

Such loose, relaxed, but precise fingers, and such a nice performance.

Thank you.

--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Thank you so much Stig for your outstanding comment.
Very much appreciated.
warm regards
paul

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

Hello paulvanbladel,

You've probably heard that I'm not a pianist but I listen every day to a lot of different music and different performances of the same piece of music and playing piano and organteq. So I have a frame of reference and my own taste in music.

I have to admit i listened to 7 other performances of this piece of music
and then your performance. Everyone is different.

In my opinion, many performances has too much changes, playing too forte or in an angry or "brutal" way…
It is probably difficult to find balance -  but you have it!

Mozart once said that music should flow like oil. And I can see it / hear from the beginning to end, how you approach the key, how you exit just as softly. Your hands playing softly and gently, your music flow as oil (Mozart).

Well, this is how I think about it.

Thank you paulvanbladel. One of the best interpretations of this piece I have listened to. You play with souch elegant touch.

Best wishes,

Stig

thank you very much.

sjgcit wrote:

Very enjoyable.  I can only look on with envy at your touch with both hands.  It felt like you really had a feel for the piece.

many thanks, you are very kind.

Stephen_Doonan wrote:

Such loose, relaxed, but precise fingers, and such a nice performance.

Thank you.

great job!  i'm not the biggest Mozart fan (probably because i don't really understand him) but i really liked this performance.  i also wonder how it would sound rendered on one of the period pianos.

Many Thanks.
Indeed, great question about the period instruments. I Should give it a try.

budo wrote:

great job!  i'm not the biggest Mozart fan (probably because i don't really understand him) but i really liked this performance.  i also wonder how it would sound rendered on one of the period pianos.