Topic: Newest Release Spotify "la Metà"

Hi, This piece "la Metà", meaning the center of things in Italian, was released today (13okt'23) on Spotify.
Hope you like it .... Greatings, Serge
https://open.spotify.com/album/4rGwjfyW...XGFUrzCMIA

Re: Newest Release Spotify "la Metà"

Is the problem that people don't have spotify?
Thereofore here's a link to soundcloud. Hope that helps:  https://soundcloud.com/aasmusicworks/la-meta

No Spotify, no...

It has the sadness and drama of some beautiful old soundtracks (in the 70's). But I have some saturation when listening...

Nice piece, though.

Que Bastet soit avec vous et avec votre mistigri !

Serge Smulders wrote:

Hi, This piece "la Metà", meaning the center of things in Italian, was released today (13okt'23) on Spotify.

Beatiful, beautiful, but a bit sad. Like the chords and how they change, but studies have found out that sad music evokes ”a pleasing feeling of nostalgia” and peacefulness in the listeners. It’s the so-called “paradox of pleasurable sadness.”
And it is exactly how I feel 

And the ending chords are the highlight, finishing touch that make it pleasing.

Perfect performance, love it! I think people can like this kind of music.

And yet, I can imagine a divorce in a movie where the man/woman alone, wanders pensively on in a park....good movie music!
I don't have spotify so thanks for the link, hope you do so in the future.

Thank you Serge Smulders,

Best wishes,

Stig

Edit
And, about ”the problem”

I think the forum, Recordings featuring…..” has changed over the years, 10 years for me. Not sure the reason responses are not what they used to be. Maybe it's having to login and people don't want to take the time anymore.

It would be great if people would still take the time to log in and comment. I think the Modartt team would also be interested in reading comments about their instruments, how they sound, when listening (I know they are listening).

Well, this is only what I think about it.

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (16-10-2023 08:40)

Borealis wrote:

No Spotify, no...

It has the sadness and drama of some beautiful old soundtracks (in the 70's). But I have some saturation when listening...

Nice piece, though.

Yes that retro feel was what I'm looking for. Saturation I'dont know, with me it wasn't klipping. Maybe it is because soundcloud also comrpresses it and when the track is already to the max, it's too much.

Last edited by Serge Smulders (16-10-2023 22:46)

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:
Serge Smulders wrote:

Beatiful, beautiful, but a bit sad. Like the chords and how they change, but studies have found out that sad music evokes ”a pleasing feeling of nostalgia” and peacefulness in the listeners. It’s the so-called “paradox of pleasurable sadness.”
And it is exactly how I feel 

And the ending chords are the highlight, finishing touch that make it pleasing.

Perfect performance, love it! I think people can like this kind of music.

And yet, I can imagine a divorce in a movie where the man/woman alone, wanders pensively on in a park....good movie music!
I don't have spotify so thanks for the link, hope you do so in the future.

Thank you Serge Smulders,

Best wishes,

Stig

Edit
And, about ”the problem”

I think the forum, Recordings featuring…..” has changed over the years, 10 years for me. Not sure the reason responses are not what they used to be. Maybe it's having to login and people don't want to take the time anymore.

It would be great if people would still take the time to log in and comment. I think the Modartt team would also be interested in reading comments about their instruments, how they sound, when listening (I know they are listening).

Well, this is only what I think about it.

Thank you very much Stig, really appreciate it. It's a conquest or a battle of trying to get good listeners to enjoy your pieces. There's lots of good music out  there but It's just the trick to get people to listen to your pieces. I think i'm getting there in some period of time.... And I'm always struggling to what extent my pieces should display virtuosity. When it's too much it's not good for sportify. When it's too little, also not. So it's difficult to get in between.. Greetings, Serge

Last edited by Serge Smulders (16-10-2023 22:45)