Topic: JSON-RPC api for Organteq 2

I have just downloaded the point upgrade Organteq 2.0.2 and was reading the Change Log when I noticed the following line amongst the announcements

"Add JSON-RPC python example"

As I hadn't realised that there was a JSON-RPC api for Organteq, although there had been one for Pianoteq for some time, I thought that this was rather interesting.

Checking back through the Change Logs I saw that the JSON-RPC api interface had been announced in Organteq 2.0.0

"For advanced users, Organteq can be remote controlled with a JSON-RPC api when started with the "--serve localhost:8081" option."

which I am sure every one else had noticed at the time, although I can't seem to find a mention of it on the main Organteq 2 website, and obviously hadn't read the Change Logs in detail

Quickly looking through the list of parameters and the example coding, I see that you can request the following parameter

"getStopNames()
Return the name of all the assigned stops.
"

which may help to provide an answer to a couple of questions that have been recently raised in this Forum. The JSON-RPC api appears to be a powerful and useful interface, so I am glad I stumbled upon it.

Other Organteq 2 users might also wish to make use of it as well. Thank you Modartt for providing this functionality to Organteq.

Michael

Last edited by mprimrose (13-10-2023 03:15)
Pianoteq 8 Studio plus all Instrument packs; Organteq 2; Debian; Reaper; Carla