Topic: Jamala (Pianoteq)

here's a very short cryptic tune from the book.  it's not in the original hand of the other charts and seems to have been added on later as the book gained traction.  but it seems to appear in all the printed versions i've seen.  i guess there was a bit of promotion going on with the lead sheet ... maybe you could hire Karl Berger or Dave Holland to play the cocktail hour at your wedding afaik they were already famous so it's kind of mystery why the ad would appear there.

https://youtu.be/8FIEi5bNzUY

Re: Jamala (Pianoteq)

That was a joy to listen to! From this book the songs tend to each be a journey. Well done!

Really nice. I like the contemporary vibe sometimes. Reminds me of some Craig Taborn's pieces

Que Bastet soit avec vous et avec votre mistigri !

budo wrote:

here's a very short cryptic tune from the book.  it's not in the original hand of the other charts and seems to have been added on later as the book gained traction.  but it seems to appear in all the printed versions i've seen.  i guess there was a bit of promotion going on with the lead sheet ... maybe you could hire Karl Berger or Dave Holland to play the cocktail hour at your wedding afaik they were already famous so it's kind of mystery why the ad would appear there.

Bravo budo!
Liked this from first note! Faforite section from about 3,40 - 4,44 is like a wild storm. And then coming  like ”the soft rain” and then the calm ending.
A different, nice ending again

Best wishes,

Stig

kencarlino wrote:

That was a joy to listen to! From this book the songs tend to each be a journey. Well done!

thank you so much! i agree with your comment about each of them being a journey.  they are each their own little world.

Borealis wrote:

Really nice. I like the contemporary vibe sometimes. Reminds me of some Craig Taborn's pieces

thank you so much!  Craig Taborn is an awesome player and i'm a big fan of his stuff.  he has some really fascinating performances.

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:
budo wrote:

Bravo budo!
Liked this from first note! Faforite section from about 3,40 - 4,44 is like a wild storm. And then coming  like ”the soft rain” and then the calm ending.
A different, nice ending again

Best wishes,

Stig

thank you so much for your comments.  i like the idea of a wild storm followed by the soft rain i really appreciate it.