Topic: WELCOME ORGANTEQ 2! "Finale in C”, Cuthbert Harris

WELCOME ORGANTEQ 2!  "Finale in C”,  Cuthbert Harris

One more composer to know
Genre
Early 20th century

This piece is definitely a fitting end to the work with Organteq V. 2   And a great Welcome Otgtq 2 !  A musical and rythmic ”postlude”. (recorded with headphones, use good ones if possible)

Thank you Roman and Xavier, and the team. The new Orgtq with the wonderful ”Settings” (I call it my ”mixer”) and the sounds are very much appreciated!  The new soundpalette can certainly be used for many different styles and purposes. With the ”library” of sounds you can provide a clear, intentional listening experience for your audience.
I like the reverb in this particular piece. Sounds like when I once was in a big empty hall listening, (a hall with stone walls without damping material), when the orchestra was rehearsing for a concert.

Almost tutti, almost all stops (some places), but the old Mac mini couldn't handle everything, I couldn’t get DAW video for fortissimo parts, but it's enough as a Festive Celebration for version 2.

Hereby I dedicate this piece to Roman and Xavier for a fantastic job with Organteq 2.   Congratulations on this great achievement !

Stig

I hope you like my playing and, as always, thank you so much for your support an encouragement.

https://youtu.be/VA8y0-YOjqo

A little bit of history:
"Finale in C" was published in 1923 by Theodore Presser Co. I think it's well-written and makes a nice impression. A musical and rythmic ”postlude”

Cuthbert Harris, Mus.D. (Durham, 1899) (b. Holloway, London, England, June 7th, 1870; d. Gorleston-on-Sea, June 17th, 1932) studied at the London Organ School. He was Organist of St. Andrew’s, Streatham, London, 1893; St. Leonard’s Parish Church, Streatham, London, 1903. He was a teacher and author of “First Studies for the Organ”. b. Holloway, London, England, June 7th, 1870; d. Gorleston-on-Sea, June 17th, 1932.

Best known for his compositions for organ most of which continue in today's organ repetoire. Among his organ works are: "At Eventide", "Berceuse in G", "Chanson pastorale", "Concluding Voluntary in D minor", "Concluding Voluntary in G major" and "Festival Postlude in C".

I hope people appreciate the information I have about composers, and now about Cuthbert Harris, who I don't think people had ever heard of previously, and the piece too.  My musical knowledge is not phenomenal at all, as an amateur and retiree for 16 years now, I’m just learning more and more about music every day 

And this great forum inspires me to find out more and more lesser known composers and their music to come to light,

Immerse yourself in a blast from the past as Pianoteqenthusiast/Orgtqenthusiast, brings back the magic of organ music with unique repertoire. This is a piece of a not well known composer in this forum, but a more recent composer’s music.

Stay tuned    I am constantly looking for, and finding, more forgotten, different diamonds to see the light of day, to make them known to the forum's listeners.

All the best, everyone

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (29-09-2023 21:54)

Re: WELCOME ORGANTEQ 2! "Finale in C”, Cuthbert Harris

great job presenting this composer who's totally new to me!  a fitting tribute for the new version of organteq!

Hi Stig, great job introducing Organteq v2!  I saw this announcement in the newsletter and immediately thought about you.

budo wrote:

great job presenting this composer who's totally new to me!  a fitting tribute for the new version of organteq!

Thank you budo. yes a tribute. Orgtq 2 just totally blew me away with the many new exciting features!

Best wishes,

Stig

kencarlino wrote:

Hi Stig, great job introducing Organteq v2!  I saw this announcement in the newsletter and immediately thought about you.

Thank you ken for kindness, kind words. Orgtq 2 just totally blew me away with the many new exciting features!

Best wishes,

Stig

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

Genre
Early 20th century

This piece is definitely a fitting end to the work with Organteq V. 2   And a great Welcome Otgtq 2 !  A musical and rythmic ”postlude”. (recorded with headphones, use good ones if possible)

Thank you Roman and Xavier, and the team. The new Orgtq with the wonderful ”Settings” (I call it my ”mixer”) and the sounds are very much appreciated!  The new soundpalette can certainly be used for many different styles and purposes. With the ”library” of sounds you can provide a clear, intentional listening experience for your audience.
I like the reverb in this particular piece. Sounds like when I once was in a big empty hall listening, (a hall with stone walls without damping material), when the orchestra was rehearsing for a concert.

Almost tutti, almost all stops (some places), but the old Mac mini couldn't handle everything, I couldn’t get DAW video for fortissimo parts, but it's enough as a Festive Celebration for version 2.

Hereby I dedicate this piece to Roman and Xavier for a fantastic job with Organteq 2.   Congratulations on this great achievement !

Stig

I hope you like my playing and, as always, thank you so much for your support an encouragement.

A little bit of history:
"Finale in C" was published in 1923 by Theodore Presser Co. I think it's well-written and makes a nice impression. A musical and rythmic ”postlude”

Cuthbert Harris, Mus.D. (Durham, 1899) (b. Holloway, London, England, June 7th, 1870; d. Gorleston-on-Sea, June 17th, 1932) studied at the London Organ School. He was Organist of St. Andrew’s, Streatham, London, 1893; St. Leonard’s Parish Church, Streatham, London, 1903. He was a teacher and author of “First Studies for the Organ”. b. Holloway, London, England, June 7th, 1870; d. Gorleston-on-Sea, June 17th, 1932.

Best known for his compositions for organ most of which continue in today's organ repetoire. Among his organ works are: "At Eventide", "Berceuse in G", "Chanson pastorale", "Concluding Voluntary in D minor", "Concluding Voluntary in G major" and "Festival Postlude in C".

I hope people appreciate the information I have about composers, and now about Cuthbert Harris, who I don't think people had ever heard of previously, and the piece too.  My musical knowledge is not phenomenal at all, as an amateur and retiree for 16 years now, I’m just learning more and more about music every day 

And this great forum inspires me to find out more and more lesser known composers and their music to come to light,

Immerse yourself in a blast from the past as Pianoteqenthusiast/Orgtqenthusiast, brings back the magic of organ music with unique repertoire. This is a piece of a not well known composer in this forum, but a more recent composer’s music.

Stay tuned    I am constantly looking for, and finding, more forgotten, different diamonds to see the light of day, to make them known to the forum's listeners.

All the best, everyone

Stig

This is impressive, Stig! Love your playing here. Thank you for taking time to tell about the composer. I appreciate that a lot.

Organteq sound has really improved. The realism here is amazing.

As always, such a pleasure to hear you and be inspired!

All the best,
Robert

algorhythms wrote:
Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

Genre
Early 20th century

Stig

A little bit of history:

All the best, everyone

Stig

This is impressive, Stig! Love your playing here. Thank you for taking time to tell about the composer. I appreciate that a lot.

Organteq sound has really improved. The realism here is amazing.

As always, such a pleasure to hear you and be inspired!

All the best,
Robert

Thank you Robert! I appreciate your support immensely.
Always my best to you

Stig