Topic: G F Händel, Lascia Chio pianga, two Clasical Guitars (Pianoteq)

G F Händel, Lascia Chio pianga, two Clasical Guitars (Pianoteq)

I don't know how many times I have listened  to this piece. It is so so beautiful, l feel l could float away, be carried away, into the music…..
"Lascia ch'io pianga" from "Rinaldo" by George Frideric Handel (English: "Let me weep"), originally "Lascia la spina, cogli la rosa" (English: "Leave the Thorn, Take the Rose")

https://youtu.be/D32iDdHtuRw

In 1711, Handel used the music for his London opera Rinaldo and its act 2 aria "Lascia ch'io pianga" ("Let me weep"), a heartfelt plea for her liberty addressed by the character Almirena to her abductor Argante. Rinaldo was a triumph, and it is with this work that the aria is chiefly associated.

All the best, everyone

Stig

Re: G F Händel, Lascia Chio pianga, two Clasical Guitars (Pianoteq)

Hi Stig, very nice and very thoughtful!

kencarlino wrote:

Hi Stig, very nice and very thoughtful!

Thank you ken for your kind comment. Glad you like it 

Best wishes,

Stig

so beautiful ... this piece i actually know very well, having played it for some sopranos and having participated in a production of Rinaldo long ago.  would love to hear you treat more arias from this!

budo wrote:

so beautiful ... this piece i actually know very well, having played it for some sopranos and having participated in a production of Rinaldo long ago.  would love to hear you treat more arias from this!

Thank you budo. Glad you feel that way. I try to find some arrangement in our city library

Best wishes,

Stig