Topic: They Can't Take That Away From Me (Pianoteq)

here's another great tune by the Gershwin brothers from the book.  i like to play this tune in more of a stride-like way too, really there's tons of things that can be done with it.  there's a reason almost everything they wrote is a jazz standard.  so much is simple about it but there's also such subtlety too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHeQMrOp6_o

Re: They Can't Take That Away From Me (Pianoteq)

So laid back and intricate at the same time really a great vibe from start to end, well done!

Ken

Hi budo,

Nice ending because at 2,55 I thought the piece was over….and then the nice ending-surprise. Cool!

Great tune great playing. I like Gershwin. Very good improvisation of this tune.  - Actually, in every piece you have uploaded, you are so expressive!

Have to say, after listening to so many uploads, your creativity and the way you improvise it is worthy of a standing ovation - you can’t see it but here it is - a special honor from me to you for all your uploads so far

Nobody can play like you, the way you play is you and only you.

Best wishes,

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (08-09-2023 15:15)

kencarlino wrote:

So laid back and intricate at the same time really a great vibe from start to end, well done!

Ken

thank you, i really appreciate it!  i'm glad you dug the vibe

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

Hi budo,

Nice ending because at 2,55 I thought the piece was over….and then the nice ending-surprise. Cool!

Great tune great playing. I like Gershwin. Very good improvisation of this tune.  - Actually, in every piece you have uploaded, you are so expressive!

Have to say, after listening to so many uploads, your creativity and the way you improvise it is worthy of a standing ovation - you can’t see it but here it is - a special honor from me to you for all your uploads so far

Nobody can play like you, the way you play is you and only you.

Best wishes,

Stig

thank you so much for your support and your generous comments.  they mean so much to me.  i appreciate the ovation