Topic: Pianoteq 8 Steinway B Dreamy my second test

Pianoteq 8 Steinway B Dreamy

Just playing around and totally enjoying this Ptq sound.
Hope you enjoy my playing, not a pianist, but a happy Pianoteqenthusiast.   I love Ptq ( and Orgtq)   

Notice, that this is a small Grand piano, string lengh 2,11m     Steinway D  2,70m   Petrof Mistral 2,84m.   Mistral is the largest Pianoteq piano!

https://youtu.be/GMd9FfwH-r0

All the best, everyone

Stig

Re: Pianoteq 8 Steinway B Dreamy my second test

Hi Stig, not sure of the modifications you did but is a very nice sound on the softer side, feels natural. I found sometimes the "Dreamy" presets have been too dreamy so maybe you toned down some the reverb and delay. In any case very nice!

kencarlino wrote:

Hi Stig, not sure of the modifications you did but is a very nice sound on the softer side, feels natural. I found sometimes the "Dreamy" presets have been too dreamy so maybe you toned down some the reverb and delay. In any case very nice!

Thank you ken, for your comment, I didn’t change much, I think it was the velocity curve, hammer hardness some place and soundboard impedance.

This was test 2. I made the first test last year, and interesting, that not many  commented it here, but on Youtube it got immediately over 1400 listens and 20 thumbs up.

I have noticed before that there are, I have,  different listeners on this forum and on my youtube channel. If many listens there, not many here and vice verse.

Here the first test, and probably not anything change to sound that time.

https://youtu.be/XrByI9DDyyw

Best wishes,

Stig

Very nice first test, I actually prefer this but I think that is because the song may have a more dreamy mood and fit better to the preset, for me. That said the second test (first song in the post) sounds a little more natural.

Sometimes I will get a song on youtube that gets a lot of listens than the rest but not any specific reason in my case. I just figure something in their algorithm started pushing it to more people for a couple of days because then the listens go flat.