Topic: My Little Boat (Pianoteq)

here's a version of My Little Boat by Roberto Menescal.  i don't know too much about his other than this tune ... the attribution in the scanned lead sheet is definitely wrong (and in fact is not what is in my physical copy ... maybe it has something to do with whoever scanned it ...)

https://youtu.be/87I0bgD4sdI

Re: My Little Boat (Pianoteq)

Hi Budo, this makes me feel happy just to listen to it!  At around 2:20 with the run into the high octave keys the sound panned more to the right (I think). Does Painoteq do that on some of the presets, player or binaural for example?  In any case very nicely done!

WoW! Like a story - elegant and magical. Like this kind of music. I'm thinking of Jobim's music listening to this. Love your endings. This slow one very nice. And it was like I was waiting for a last chord, but it didn't come! What a cool surprise. Enjoyed this much.

Thank you budo

Best wishes,

Stig

Always pleasant to listen to a bossa when the dark age is here (sorry). Nice ending, as Stig said, something opened. One more, one more...

Que Bastet soit avec vous et avec votre mistigri !

kencarlino wrote:

Hi Budo, this makes me feel happy just to listen to it!  At around 2:20 with the run into the high octave keys the sound panned more to the right (I think). Does Painoteq do that on some of the presets, player or binaural for example?  In any case very nicely done!

thank you so much!  it's such a happy tune   i think i rendered this using one of the "wide" presets, that's why it seems so panned to the side.  i don't really know anything about audio engineering myself, so i have to rely on whatever Modartt did in building the preset.  but i'm pretty sure that's it.  that run definitely got way out to the end of the keyboard

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

WoW! Like a story - elegant and magical. Like this kind of music. I'm thinking of Jobim's music listening to this. Love your endings. This slow one very nice. And it was like I was waiting for a last chord, but it didn't come! What a cool surprise. Enjoyed this much.

Thank you budo

Best wishes,

Stig

thank you so much for your comment!  i'm glad to hear that it reminded you of Jobim, certainly it did that for me too.  i should look at more of this guy's music.  indeed this time i didn't put the "button" on the final chord (that's what people call the final short oomph to break off a sustained chord, at least people in pit orchestras in the US call it that).  i guess it didn't feel like it needed one to me ...

Borealis wrote:

Always pleasant to listen to a bossa when the dark age is here (sorry). Nice ending, as Stig said, something opened. One more, one more...

thank you!  yes this is a completely cheerful tune, no apocalypse here   i like the phrase "something opened," that does feel like it to me.