Topic: Slow meditative minimalism with Petrof Mistral

Exploring some more semi-random performances in VCV Rack, using the Petrof Mistral with a touch of granular effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj1dLuKM3ck

Re: Slow meditative minimalism with Petrof Mistral

Hi Marc, Great atmospheric sound you created! Very interesting in your directed random performance approach. 

Especially interesting for me as my approach for things I have shared here are also algorithmic but slightly different in that it's full custom software with really no option for performance interaction, for better or worse. For me probably for the better as I tried to learn play piano once upon a time with not so great results.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks ken! Yeah, I guess for those like us that failed to learn to play the piano, at least we can make music in other ways, and that's what's so cool about technology/programming/etc, we get to be creative in other ways and still have fun with music. I checked out your guitar albums, and they are quite impressive, that must be some elaborate software you have made! Cheers :-)

Thanks Marc! Agreed, it's great to have options on how to create, surprisingly I do get satisfaction in the results even if not performing it myself, still feel it captures the sound I want. As far as the software, it has been a bit of a challenge as I can't say I improve it with each iteration, if always feels as if it's just different.