Topic: Cradle Song with Classical Guitar in the melody

Cradle Song with Classical Guitar in the melody (recorded with headphones, use headphones when listening if possible)

A quiet song intended to lull a child to sleep.

The best compliment I can give for this music is - exceptionally beautiful. In the middle I can hear birdsong. I hope you like the outcome when I’m trying a magical registration to this music with Organteq and using Classical guitar in the melody.

The piece has a slow swing, which happens from the opening solo melody, right up until the final chord. In the middle section, there can be no doubt that birdsong is heard and stands out in a unique way.

Like A childs bedtime song

https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...Guitar.mp3

Composer Harvey Grace

Harvey Grace (1874–1944) was an English organist and music writer. He was a chorister at Romsey Abbey, studied under Madeley Richardson at Southwark Cathedral, and became Organist of St. Mary Magdelene, Munster Square, London. He was editor of The Musical Times and a noted author and adjudicator. Grace was appointed Commissioner of the School of English Church Music in 1937, and resigned at the end of the year. He joined the staff of Trinity College of Music in 1939, and also acted as Organist of East Grinstead Parish Church during World War II.
"Ten Compositions," which are in two volumes, were published by Schott & Co. in 1922. "Cradle Song" is the second piece in the collection, and is dedicated: "For Molly."

All the best, everyone

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (22-07-2023 22:30)

Re: Cradle Song with Classical Guitar in the melody

Hi Stig, I really like the intro and how it sets the stage with a contrast for when the velvety smooth organ enters the song. I like how this contrast continue throughout the piece.  Well done!

Re: Cradle Song with Classical Guitar in the melody

kencarlino wrote:

Hi Stig, I really like the intro and how it sets the stage with a contrast for when the velvety smooth organ enters the song. I like how this contrast continue throughout the piece.  Well done!

Thank you kencarlino for listening, your kindness and encouragement. It means a lot to me.

Best wishes,

Stig