Topic: Faure Après un Rêve

A brief "foray" into Faure - here is Faure's captivating song "Après un Rêve", transcribed for violin and piano and based on the transcription of the song for cello by Pablo Casals.

https://youtu.be/GJ5tWNaHCUc

The piano is the Steinway Model D (Hamburg) from PianoTeq 8, with the "Close Mic Classical" preset and some small adjustments to the instrument's velocity curve.
The violin is the sample "Violin 1 - Longs" from the Alpine Project. This violin has a nice rich sound in the lower register, and a nice sweet sound in the upper reaches. The sample also includes legato, vibrato and some portamento sliding between consecutive notes that are at wide intervals. It does randomly introduce some high frequency components into the sound though, which spoils it just a little bit.

I hope you will enjoy the piece, and thank you for listening

Re: Faure Après un Rêve

1MuddyDog wrote:

A brief "foray" into Faure - here is Faure's captivating song "Après un Rêve", transcribed for violin and piano and based on the transcription of the song for cello by Pablo Casals.

The piano is the Steinway Model D (Hamburg) from PianoTeq 8, with the "Close Mic Classical" preset and some small adjustments to the instrument's velocity curve.
The violin is the sample "Violin 1 - Longs" from the Alpine Project. This violin has a nice rich sound in the lower register, and a nice sweet sound in the upper reaches. The sample also includes legato, vibrato and some portamento sliding between consecutive notes that are at wide intervals. It does randomly introduce some high frequency components into the sound though, which spoils it just a little bit.

I have never listened to Fauré. I'm glad this was the first piece. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing piece, evoking beautiful feelings.

Good interpretation because I like those crescendo and diminuendo in sections. It / you bring the music to life.

Well done.
Thank you 1MuddyDog, I enjoyed the piece.

Best wishes,

Stig

Beautiful pairing! Thanks for sharing

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:
1MuddyDog wrote:

I have never listened to Fauré. I'm glad this was the first piece. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing piece, evoking beautiful feelings.

Good interpretation because I like those crescendo and diminuendo in sections. It / you bring the music to life.

Well done.
Thank you 1MuddyDog, I enjoyed the piece.

Best wishes,

Stig

Hello Stig!

Thanks for your kind comment. Very glad you enjoyed the piece - Faure has indeed written some very beautiful music!

Keep well..

kencarlino wrote:

Beautiful pairing! Thanks for sharing

Hi kencarlino

Thanks for you kind comment. It's actually more often done with piano and cello, but the solo cello from the Alpine Project was not good at all, so I opted to try with their violin instead. I'm not a violinist though, so trying to make the articulation and intonation sound similar to what a human would do was hard !

Keep well..

Beautiful - highly appreciated. Wonderful music made so completely compelling! Thank you.

Pianoteq Studio Bundle (Pro plus all instruments)  - Kawai MP11 digital piano - Yamaha HS8 monitors