Topic: Solo Piano with layered "Soft Piano"

This was from around 6 months ago and part of an album (Introspection) with just the layered piano which included NY Steinway, C. Bechstein, and MK II.  Actually I think I got the idea for combining these three pianos from a video in the preset section of the forum here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s4qVuF...mp;index=7

For some reason after I created the album I thought it wasn't good, but going back to it now, I rather like it.

Sometimes when making an album I have to listen to it so much that I lose perspective, anyone else run into that?

Enjoy!

Re: Solo Piano with layered "Soft Piano"

kencarlino wrote:

the layered piano which included NY Steinway, C. Bechstein, and MK II.

For some reason after I created the album I thought it wasn't good, but going back to it now, I rather like it.

Sometimes when making an album I have to listen to it so much that I lose perspective, anyone else run into that?

Enjoy!

Yes, kencarlino, I run into it. In this attached music I layered Ptq U4 ( a bit out of tune) and two Blanchet harpsichords with different tunings (442 Hz and 436 Hz) to get a "mandolin effect" because someone wanted a mandolin rail added to U4. I listened many times when making it and was thinking is it worth to upload? Today, now, when listening two years after, I think I can like it  

https://youtu.be/OfE9PbDG_FE

Best wishes,

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (04-07-2023 22:23)

Hi Stig, you definitely have explored much more the power of Pianoteq than I have, nice job!  ...haha I will be sure to revisit some of my other older works in another year two to see if I can like them

Last edited by kencarlino (05-07-2023 03:32)

i thought this piece was excellent.  it was so calm and relaxing.  i think the hybrid piano setup worked great for the effect.  it gave a gentle chorus effect.

Thanks Budo! I will have to make another album in this series, hopefully I properly saved and remember all to recreate the same sound.