Topic: Chopin Nocturne op.9 No.2

https://youtu.be/_TjMdu7RyjQ

Tuning: "Vallotti & Young Scale, A=432"
Preset used: all Pianoteq modern pianos

Best wishes
k.c.Paul

Re: Chopin Nocturne op.9 No.2

So calming and relaxing music. This time I’m listening to the dynamics, volume level - your louds and softs and everything between. You use a variaty of dynamics to add excitement and emotion to the piece, very good, I like it. But, the tone color change of course. And I know that is important for you (and listeners, me).
You have smooth transitions or crescendos and decrescendos between passages, sections. But in my opinion when dynamics become stronger the tone in high register is a bit hard, not soft hammers. the notes become stronger, too strong? Maybe I’m wrong but I felt a bit much of YC5 ?

But, I love the ending section from 2,48 - end. It is wonderful - dynamics, tone color, the over all sound - the higfh notes are not to hard, cold. Here, ending section,  you have succeded in this piece to 100 %. Bravo k c Paul. Thank you.

Sorry, I can't help commenting my personal opinion all the time, but your experiment with the sound is so interesting, the music lives in a different way than those who use Ptq in the usual way. I like it.

Always my best to you,

Stig

p.s. The little dog had good sound too, for the chasing....

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (28-06-2023 13:47)

Re: Chopin Nocturne op.9 No.2

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

Sorry, I can't help commenting my personal opinion all the time, but your experiment with the sound is so interesting, the music lives in a different way than those who use Ptq in the usual way. I like it.

Stig, once again thanks for your detailed comment. That is always helping, and encouraging.

Best wishes
k.c.Paul