Topic: Organteq Midi files

Hi all organteq fans

I am new to organteq, although I have been using other organs for many years. I looked in the user files, which are available for download, selected midi and filtered the files. The idea was to play a few midi files to get used to the organ.

I was very disappointed to find that the files were not identified as being for pianoteq (completely useless for organteq) or for organteq. I downloaded all the files on page 1 and looked through them with a midi editor in order to hopefully find some organteq files.

Believe it or not there was only one organteq file out of over 100 others. This was very disappointing.

Are there any organteq users out there who can supply me with a few random organteq midi files for my own use and entertainment.

csw900

Re: Organteq Midi files

csw900 wrote:

Hi all organteq fans

I am new to organteq, although I have been using other organs for many years. Which ones? I looked in the user files, which are available for download, selected midi and filtered the files. The idea was to play a few midi files to get used to the organ. The best way to get used to any organ is to play it. Test out the stops and try a few combinations, then jot down what you like and use them in your music - you'll soon discover what sounds good in any given style.

I was very disappointed to find that the files were not identified as being for pianoteq (completely useless for organteq) or for organteq. I downloaded all the files on page 1 and looked through them with a midi editor in order to hopefully find some organteq files.

Believe it or not there was only one organteq file out of over 100 others. This was very disappointing. Most of us tend to share our musical effort in the form of audio files - there are plent of those you can listen to and perhaps ask "How did you get that sound?" "What stops did you use?"

Are there any organteq users out there who can supply me with a few random organteq midi files for my own use and entertainment.

csw900

I hope you enjoy learning about OrganTeq and the comprehensive sound pallet it offers as you experience it for yourself.

Hi DEZ

Thanks for your reply - unfortunately not very helpful.

The organs I am familiar with are Allen, Viscount, Hauptwerk, Grand Orgue, Miditzer, Wurlitzer, Estey and my own organ eplayOrgan. Organteq is considerably different to all of them as it has some very peculiar features. For example - no other organ records pistons in its midi files, the stops set or unset are recorded instead. This is much more sensible as the person playing the file is likely to have his pistons set up completely differently.

I have already spent some time learning about organteq, but I am not an accomplished organist so my playing is rather primitive and I would rather listen to and learn from proper organists. I know that organists like to make mp3 files - but I always prefer to play and listen to midi files - there is so much more to learn about the organ from a midi file. Especially when viewed from a midi editor.

csw900

csw900 wrote:

Hi DEZ

Thanks for your reply - unfortunately not very helpful.

The organs I am familiar with are Allen, Viscount, Hauptwerk, Grand Orgue, Miditzer, Wurlitzer, Estey and my own organ eplayOrgan. Organteq is considerably different to all of them as it has some very peculiar features. For example - no other organ records pistons in its midi files, the stops set or unset are recorded instead. Hardly peculiar - just a different approach. Besides, the fact that you can set up your own organ console and which pipe sits behind a given stop and how it is regulated means that potential very few midi recording will sound exactly the same. However, the clever team at Modartt have catered for this by allowing said 'unique' configuration to be saved to an fxp file, which would need to be loaded first before playing the midi file.This is much more sensible I totally disagree. as the person playing the file is likely to have his pistons set up completely differently. And if he has his stops set up differently too then this doesn't work either, does it?

I have already spent some time learning about organteq, Welcome aboard! but I am not an accomplished organist so my playing is rather primitive Nothing to be ashamed of - we all start from scratch! and I would rather listen to and learn from proper organists. I know that organists like to make mp3 files - but I always prefer to play and listen to midi files - there is so much more to learn about the organ from a midi file . Especially when viewed from a midi editor. Personally, I don't think I would learn much about a Callipe or the like simply by looking at the punched card that's fed through it. The best way to get to know a musical instrument is to play it.

csw900

I hope you come to appreciate OrganTeq for the great innovation that it is!

Hi DEZ

I note that my comments have had some effect!! Not only have you uploaded a couple of organteq midi files - you have labelled them as organteq in the description. Thank you. I hope others will follow your example.

If you check you will see that I have also uploaded an organteq midi file and lablelled it as organteq in the description. Let me know what you think of it as it was not actually recorded on an organteq organ.

csw900