Topic: From 12 Miniatures No 1 ”Lento” M. Higgs

From 12 Miniatures No 1 ”Lento”

”The first piece From 12 Miniatures, "Lento," and in the key of D major, is a sort of "prelude" that begins quietly, but soon increases significantly in volume and animation, before returning to the calming mood of the opening”.
At least I tried to get it that way…. 

Still have to record 4, 7, 11, 12   I'm trying to make it. No 12, Finale, will be a real finale - it is the most difficult - what a finale, after these 12 recordings…..

I read that Higgs has other works too, so I may take a look at them in the future.

https://youtu.be/2hy1x_9Z0p0

For those who don’t know yet,

Henry Marcellus Higgs (1854-1929) was the son of Marcellus Higgs (1827-1897) and Clara Tomlin. His father, also an organist, published no organ music.

H. M. Higgs worked with several music publishers and published a fairly large output of organ music.

"Twelve Miniatures" dates from 1913 and was published by Novello & Co. Ltd. The set was part of the publisher's "Original Compositions for the Organ (New Series)," where it appears as No. 27. It is dedicated: "To A. Healey Foster, Esq." Each piece is different in style and format, and some could be called "studies" as they deal with a particular technical aspect of organ playing.

Best wishes,

Stig

Pianoteq 8 enthusiast, all instrumentsteqenthusiast