Re: Casio PX5S (with Pianoteq) Review

Hi all,

I've uploaded an .fxp (New Stand.fxp) and a midi file (New Stand.mid) in .fxp Corner.

it shows a greater dynamic range and evenness of tone.

the Lid Position parameter was also adjusted to 0.88

kindest regards,

Chris

mp3 demo (New Stand.mp3) now available in fxp Corner

Kindest Regards,

Chris

Interesting how sensitive that KB is to how it's mounted. I think that's why the PX-160 (and I presume the other PX-*60s) have the weird looking base with lots of indents and corrugations; because Casio realised that this was an issue with the lightweight frame and casing.

3/2 = 5

SteveLy wrote:

Interesting how sensitive that KB is to how it's mounted. I think that's why the PX-160 (and I presume the other PX-*60s) have the weird looking base with lots of indents and corrugations; because Casio realised that this was an issue with the lightweight frame and casing.

Hi SteveLy

Thank you for the info. Are you saying the PX160's base is different from that of the PX5S? The latter certainly doesn't have any notable corrugations. The bottom surface is very flat actually. This would explain my difficulties!

Any chance of an image SteveLy?

Kindest Regards,

Chris

Last edited by sigasa (19-04-2016 08:31)

Sorry, I was talking rubbish. I remembered it wrong. The base I was thinking of was the Studiologic Numa Nero's. Sorry about that. The PX-160 base is pretty much flat. Here it is:

http://s6.postimg.org/4hzey1txd/px_160_base_web.jpg

Last edited by SteveLy (19-04-2016 10:25)
3/2 = 5

SteveLy wrote:

Sorry, I was talking rubbish. I remembered it wrong. The base I was thinking of was the Studiologic Numa Nero's. Sorry about that. The PX-160 base is pretty much flat. Here it is:

http://s6.postimg.org/4hzey1txd/px_160_base_web.jpg

Thank you SteveLy.

Yep, same as PX5S and probably most, if not all, the Privia, CDP and GDP range.

Kindest Regards,

Chris