Topic: Modartt video contest 2022 - the winning entries

https://www.modartt.com/images/news/contest-winners-2022-lg.jpg

Hi everyone,

The 2022 Modartt Video Contest started late in order to catch up with the release of Pianoteq 8. With as many as 69 entries, it was a tough challenge for the jury to select the 12 finalists. Thank you everyone who participated and voted! We hope you had as fun as we did.

The winning entries:

1.   Pianoteq Experiments - Live-Loop Improv
      by miiindbullets
      400 € value coupon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9eCfkKnLwE

2.   ORGANTEQ: Hieronymus Praetorius „Kyrie Martyrum” ♫ Piotr Nowik
      by rumburak
      300 € value coupon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA8IRkpa28w

3.   Vladimir Horowitz - Dance Excentrique
      by MaurizioP
      200 € value coupon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL01M2sL5gc

All value coupons will be sent within 24 hours.

A complete list of all the entries is available here.

Thank you all!

Re: Modartt video contest 2022 - the winning entries

Congratulations to the winners as well as to all who came up with such beautiful, creative, clever, and impressive presentations.  The breadth of styles in the videos continues to amaze me.  Such acoustic culinary delights!

- David

Congratulations to all winners!
And congratulations to everyone who made it to the twelve to vote for. Fantastic!
And thanks to all the other participants with fantastic entries.

You are all skilled pianists/musicians with fine technique and have such a fine artistic touch to the playing.
The jury always have a hard time, but after listening to entries/winners ten years back, I can see clearly that at least these criteria, (skill, technique, artistic touch, among other of course) weigh a lot in the jury.Thanks to everyone on the jury, a tough one this year, maybe the toughest. Glad you got it done.

Sorry if I'm taking up space here but a short explanation why I participate year after year even though friends are saying you never win, why do you participate…you won't make it among those experts….

Ever since my first entry 2013 I didn't think I would be able to win a prize in this competition because there are so many fine pianists and expert participants, but I participate every year because it gives me more and more experience and playing skills and it's fun to be together among all these wonderful people and competition entries. The best forum on the internet.

I have learned so much during ten years in this fantastic forum and contests, discovered things about myself, (sometimes we don't know our resources), I have become more creative with my playing, got friends......thank you all.

And a special Thank you to Modartt for existing, for giving my life change and variation with these wonderful instruments every day, I have often hectic days in my life, and a sense of isolation, as a caregiver for my wife. When playing I can relax.

I'm eternally grateful. You have all my deepest thanks.

I'm looking forward to this year's Contest    And I hope my enthusiasm can help someone else to continue as well. I never give up.       

Best wishes,

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (31-01-2023 22:25)

Congratulations to all. It always have been a variety of videos in amazing qualities. I think Modartt is the only company that promotes this kind of events and is very nice to see all kind of excellent musician enrolling in this contest.

Once again congratulation to all winners and participants.

Thank you very much for your votes. I've been using Pianoteq for a short time and I didn't expect to be among the award winners!
At the same time, I congratulate all participants on great performances and very interesting ideas, especially the winners of the 1st and 2nd prizes. Great experiments with Pianoteq's sounds reveal big possibilities of the technology of modeling not only the sounds of an acoustic piano. And the performance as well as the sound of organ piece is simply impressive!
Of course, I am a pianist and being able to get such a good expression of the sound of real pianos on a virtual instrument is a real discovery for me.

Last edited by MaurizioP (01-02-2023 11:27)

Wow!!! Thank you! I was just excited to make the finals... it felt a bit surreal to be competing with such accomplished musicians. I'm glad many of you seemed to enjoy my experiments, and appreciate all the support. Big congrats to the other winners, too! That was some really impressive playing from both of you (as well as MANY of the other entries). I have a hard enough time keeping my footing on 4 pedals -- loved seeing your footwork, Rumburak!

Also, thank you Modartt, Niclas, and the jury for hosting such a fun competition! I had a lot of fun with this.

Last edited by miiindbullets (31-01-2023 21:37)

Congratulations to all the winners, well done! I had so much fun entering this competition. I will definitely enter again this year

Congrats to the winners. Excellent choices.

Congratulations miiindbullets, rumburak, and MaurizioP, on your winning entries! I very much enjoyed your submissions.

Congrats to everyone else who participated and thanks to everyone who voted.

Niclas Fogwall wrote:

The complete results and all the entries are available here.

Are the results available, Niclas? This link only shows me the list of all entries.

My entry isn't the first recording I've done with Pianoteq -- I'll take this opportunity to share two of my other Pianoteq recordings.

The New York Steinway D sings and is one of my absolute favorites:

https://youtu.be/y6rJvdodNfM

More recently, I recorded with the Steingraeber E-272, which has a very pure tone, quite suitable for Bach:

https://youtu.be/q9h1RxYRx8k

Thanks all!

Last edited by navindra (01-02-2023 04:19)

Congratulations to all! And to the three finalists.

@miiindbullets - Congratulations on 1st prize! Super sounds and well presented techniques shown there - I'm sure that many are keen to hear more of your interesting music and sound treatments, very cool. You made it look easy! Bravo!

@rumburak - Congratulations on 2nd prize! If with eyes closed we're experiencing a wonderful performance within a great hall, and with eyes open your expertize makes it look easy (which of course it is not easy). Beautiful!

@MaurizioP - Congratulations on 3rd prize! I love that piece and thought your performance really does justice - shades of Horowitz himself and as many others did, you made it look easy (not easy!). Your time spent making the sound what it is was valuable - sounds superb (hint of vintage charm etc.).

For everyone who took part, I offer my thanks and deep appreciation.

Another year with another round of heart-warming moments, joyous sounds, some deep thinking and interesting themes - and many made accomplishing a very high level of dificulty seem easy also (I notice my theme seems to be 'You can do it!' here - but it's true - many great entries showed us 'you did do it!'.). Never stop making your wonderful music and finding delight in your superb use cases for Pianoteq.

And like many others, I hope Pianoteqenthusiast keeps entering and inspiring others to enter! - I love seeing what everyone comes up with each year and you all deserve much admiration for sharing your entries with us in this friendly competition.

Thanks all once again for yet another inspiring year! See you each next year too I do hope.

Pianoteq Studio Bundle (Pro plus all instruments)  - Kawai MP11 digital piano - Yamaha HS8 monitors

Thank you everyone for your kind feedback. We are so happy that these events are appreciated this much.

navindra wrote:
Niclas Fogwall wrote:

The complete results and all the entries are available here.

Are the results available, Niclas? This link only shows me the list of all entries.

Oops, that was sort of a typo from my side (corrected now). Hopefully, we should be able to present more detailed results after the next contest.
Navindra, your entry ended up on 6th place. So, very close and well deserved. Thanks again for participating.

If anyone else of you who competed in the final would like to know your final placement, please send me a private message.

Nice to see my votes always get among the final winners.

Phew, this one was certainly the toughest competition I've known, with so many excellent entries before we even got to the final 12 - and then it was really hard to eliminate any of them! Many congratulations to the winners and all participants.
The competition always challenges me to try something a bit different, and once again I had a lot of fun with my entry.

One thing that is nice about PianoTeq is the sense of community and respect.

Having this forum is so important in making PTQ more than "just another piano VST"

Its a pity more people don't provide such a forum/community for their wares.

Fancellu wrote:

One thing that is nice about PianoTeq is the sense of community and respect.

Having this forum is so important in making PTQ more than "just another piano VST"

Its a pity more people don't provide such a forum/community for their wares.

Yes indeed, the Pianoteq /Organteq community is something very special - the internet at its best IMHO!

Last edited by dazric (11-02-2023 13:14)

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

Congratulations to all winners!
And congratulations to everyone who made it to the twelve to vote for. Fantastic!
And thanks to all the other participants with fantastic entries.

You are all skilled pianists/musicians with fine technique and have such a fine artistic touch to the playing.
The jury always have a hard time, but after listening to entries/winners ten years back, I can see clearly that at least these criteria, (skill, technique, artistic touch, among other of course) weigh a lot in the jury.Thanks to everyone on the jury, a tough one this year, maybe the toughest. Glad you got it done.

Sorry if I'm taking up space here but a short explanation why I participate year after year even though friends are saying you never win, why do you participate…you won't make it among those experts….

Ever since my first entry 2013 I didn't think I would be able to win a prize in this competition because there are so many fine pianists and expert participants, but I participate every year because it gives me more and more experience and playing skills and it's fun to be together among all these wonderful people and competition entries. The best forum on the internet.

I have learned so much during ten years in this fantastic forum and contests, discovered things about myself, (sometimes we don't know our resources), I have become more creative with my playing, got friends......thank you all.

And a special Thank you to Modartt for existing, for giving my life change and variation with these wonderful instruments every day, I have often hectic days in my life, and a sense of isolation, as a caregiver for my wife. When playing I can relax.

I'm eternally grateful. You have all my deepest thanks.

I'm looking forward to this year's Contest    And I hope my enthusiasm can help someone else to continue as well. I never give up.       

Best wishes,

Stig

What a beautiful message, and a beautiful philosophy of life, Stig. I love to listen to your music, and find it so inspiring.

The Modartt 2022 video contest started a little later than usual, but that didn't stop the contestants from creating amazing work. This year Pianoteq 8 joined the party, which added extra fun and inspiration. Thank you to everyone who participated and supported the contest with their votes. Special thanks to the jury who judged all 69 entries and chose the winners. We are sure that it was another unforgettable year for Modartt and Pianoteq .

Last edited by JulissaGuerrero (03-03-2023 11:48)