Re: M Audio Hammer 88 with Pianoteq

It seems like the source of the problem was that I created manually some weird note-off velocity curve in Pianoteq.
I calibrated the note-off velocity curve with Pianoeq velocity curve calibration and it seems that now things are settled.

The keyboard is really good when it works as it should and without glitches. The linear curve is perfect for Pianoteq and everything I do, whether it is virtual pianos or other virtual instruments.

Last edited by hag01 (14-06-2022 12:22)

Re: M Audio Hammer 88 with Pianoteq

Reviving this thread to post a summary of my experience with M-Audio Hammer 88 Pro and why you may not want to buy it.

- The keys are wobbly and slippery, especially the black keys.
- The key action is very noisy.  Thud clunk thud clunk.
- The white keys have sharp edges.
- The pivot length is very short.  Playing near the fallboard is not feasible.
- The USB MIDI implementation is somehow broken; while playing, it sometimes sends extra note-on and CC data I didn't input.
- Note-off velocity is fixed at 64.
- When I contacted M-Audio support asking about note-off velocities, I never got a reply.
- When the keyboard has been idle for a few minutes, all the pads and buttons go into party mode with flashing colors.  This continues until you press a key or turn off the thing.

Or you could listen to M-Audio's marketing department: «Hammer 88 Pro’s best-in-class 88 graded hammer-action keybed combines professional, graded, weighted hammer-action with advanced high-speed keybed scanning technology for an ultra-expressive playing experience.»

Last edited by Lycomedes (13-01-2024 22:59)