Re: How about a Baldwin Piano?

Beto-Music wrote:

But if a Baldwin is very close to Steinway in sound, why do we need that now if we already have two good steinway models on pianoteq?

https://youtu.be/YhP6K44jOtk?t=174

(start at 2:54)

Last edited by sb56637 (04-04-2019 15:50)

Have either Beto-Music or you a definition for your good usage?

Pianoteq 8 Studio Bundle, Pearl malletSTATION EM1, Roland (DRUM SOUND MODULE TD-30, HandSonic 10, AX-1), Akai EWI USB, Yamaha DIGITAL PIANO P-95, M-Audio STUDIOPHILE BX5, Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP.

Otis wrote:

Gibson should be very, very interested in this kind of opportunity to market the Baldwin sound to the people. What good is it to own a piano brand if it is not accessable to most of the people. Makes no sense at all.

A recent post of a Baldwin SF-10 at http://livingpianos.com shows it has become available.  I realize its location is U.S.A.  But, even I was once able to have a rare Sonor Signature Series (African bubinga) drum set shipped from Mannheim to Los Angeles.  And, I’m just a private individual.

Living Pianos ships worldwide.

Piano of the Gods - Baldwin SF-10

Pianoteq 8 Studio Bundle, Pearl malletSTATION EM1, Roland (DRUM SOUND MODULE TD-30, HandSonic 10, AX-1), Akai EWI USB, Yamaha DIGITAL PIANO P-95, M-Audio STUDIOPHILE BX5, Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP.

Amen Ptah Ra wrote:
Otis wrote:

Gibson should be very, very interested in this kind of opportunity to market the Baldwin sound to the people. What good is it to own a piano brand if it is not accessable to most of the people. Makes no sense at all.

A recent post of a Baldwin SF-10 at http://livingpianos.com shows it has become available.  I realize its location is U.S.A.  But, even I was once able to have a rare Sonor Signature Series (African bubinga) drum set shipped from Mannheim to Los Angeles.  And, I’m just a private individual.

Living Pianos ships worldwide.

Piano of the Gods - Baldwin SF-10

This Baldwin sounds lovely. Too bad it is so far from Toulouse.

As Otis in Germany (Deutschland) can confirm, Toulouse is closer to a seaport (as a shipment destination) than Mannheim (where my shipment originated).  Maybe Gibson, the reputable brand it is, will want to offer to help with its shipment overseas.

Indeed I am willing to wait.  Any Baldwin (SF-10) is well worth the wait to me!

Besides, this thread has received nearly as large a readership as the thread Pianos you want Modartt to model? alone.

So, obviously, other people are very much interested also!

Last edited by Amen Ptah Ra (05-08-2019 02:30)

Jake Johnson wrote:
Amen Ptah Ra wrote:

From my effort to reproduce a Baldwin piano sound, heard on a CD, I recently posted to the Pianoteq FXP Corner.  I gladly welcome any oneupmanship.

Oh, no. I have to go out of town, so I won't be able to play your fxp for another two days. Thanks for creating it.

Marc Verhoeven wrote:
Amen Ptah Ra wrote:

From my effort to reproduce a Baldwin piano sound, heard on a CD, I recently posted to the Pianoteq FXP Corner.  I gladly welcome any oneupmanship.

You posted actually two! For PT5, that's why I missed them earlier.
I very much like the Everybody Loves My Baldwin Too.fxp, although I never heard a Baldwin live. Thanks!

I want to extend a welcome to DonSmith, the forum member who has definitely demonstrated his oneupmanship by his posting his K2-BaldwinGrand2 preset to FXP Corner:

https://www.forum-pianoteq.com/file/4mgh82tu

I've included two (2) audio examples, both more or less volume matched.  One is of the YouTube video from which Don created his preset.  The other is of the preset itself.  It was recorded from a rough conversion of the YouTube audio to MIDI loaded and recorded within Pianoteq.  The two of them follow immediately (below):

Baldwin 9ft Concert Grand Piano.mp3
K2-BaldwinGrand2.mp3

Maybe Don will share his insights about Baldwin piano sounds and talk or write about them within this thread.  Already he unselfishly has submitted over sixty (60) Pianoteq presets to FXP Corner.  He quietly has been submitting presets for others to enjoy; he has ever since the release of Pianoteq 3.

He based his preset off of this YouTube video of a Baldwin SD-10 (nine foot [9’]) concert grand piano, Baldwin 9ft Concert Grand Piano:

Thank you, DonSmith.

Last edited by Amen Ptah Ra (09-08-2019 18:12)