Re: Sampled or Modeled? Better or just different?

scherbakov.al wrote:

Jake Johnson, the energy between the partial - is noise while recording. Noises premises - ventilation, lighting, street noise of the recording device. So as I was a little increased the sound level - increased noise. Therefore, a piano between the partial orange.
If I placed the recorder another example closer to the strings and soundboard, it is possible to get more quantity and large volume of the upper part by the record.

I think I understand what you are saying about the relationship between the relationship between the phases (I think), and I do understand and see the differences between the regularity and amplitude of the beats in the model and the real piano. But I also want to hang onto the subject of the "fur" a little longer: I understand that the energy between the partials can be noise from the street, the recording device, etc. But I think I still notice that very close to the partials, there is still more fur (near partial frequencies) on the real piano than on the model. In your video, when you have the frequency window exposed and play the note, isn't the frequency band on the real piano a little wider on many of the partials? In other words, yes, I can see that the broad swath of orange between the partials is noise. But is each partial on the real piano also composed of a wider range of frequencies?

Thanks again for posting these comparisons.

Pianoteq is doing a better job this time I think - this time I hear the metallic shimmering in the Pianoteq recording, and not in the acoustic. ;^) 

Greg.

It's this was a forum about a beautiful actress, people here would be looking for wrinkles or cellulitis with 30mp camera using 10x zoom.

Just kidding...

;-)

Last edited by Beto-Music (21-03-2016 15:02)

Beto-Music wrote:

If this was a forum about a beautiful actress, people here would be looking for wrinkles or cellulitis with 30mp camera using 10x zoom.

LOL! You're right.   A few days ago I played my MIDI keyboard using what was previously my favorite sampled piano, the "Perfect Piano" by William Coakley. After 15 minutes I was frustrated by the lackluster, flat sound and returned to the more dynamic, expressive and fulfilling Pianoteq instruments.

Although the Pianoteq developers might decide to add a little more configurable "noise" or "metallic" type waveform variances to one or more instruments to simulate the complex (but perhaps not ideal) sound of an acoustic piano, then that will be interesting, but I think that the Pianoteq instruments sound great as they are right now.

Last edited by Stephen_Doonan (21-03-2016 15:47)
--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

With so many request Modartt it's becoming "addicted to plastic surgery" Háa háaa...

They need time to breath... I supose they are working to implement the model-B modelled advances in some of the other models.

Now, now....Looking at the string beating and the partial intensities ain't exactly discussing cosmetics. We aren't looking at the face of the metaphorical actress. We're listening to her heartbeat. (Well, I could have written something even worse. Exploring her soul?)

Hi.
Why can't I download these files?! The site tells me I'm not authorized...

Thanks

Franz72 wrote:

Hi.
Why can't I download these files?! The site tells me I'm not authorized...

Thanks

They are four years old and non of the links work.